Insight Counseling Centers exists to restore lives to wholeness - mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
To accomplish this important work we seek to…
- Provide excellent professionally licensed psychotherapy to any individual, couple or family in our community.
- Offer help and healing from a heart of compassion and personal faith that accepts and respects the beliefs of every individual with whom we work.
- Raise and provide financial support to help those who cannot otherwise afford care.
Serving Middle Tennessee since 1985
Insight Counseling Centers, formerly known as the Pastoral Counseling Centers of Tennessee, Inc., was formed in 1985 when a handful of visionary people from Vine Street Christian Church brought to fruition their dream of providing spiritually informed and psychologically sound counseling for the Nashville area. Now 30 years later, we have grown to seven additional centers throughout Middle Tennessee and provide 5,000 hours of counseling to individuals, couples, and families in our community every year.
In addition to counseling services, we provide professional training opportunities and mental health awareness education.
A spiritually-integrative approach
Pastoral Counseling is a unique form of counseling that uses spiritual resources as well as psychological understanding for healing and growth. Traditionally, Pastoral Counselors are mental health professionals who also have in-depth religious and theological training. Most Pastoral Counselors are ordained clergy or persons otherwise endorsed by a religious faith group. Click here to view A Brief Introduction to Pastoral Counseling.
Compassion, Respect, Honesty, Acceptance,
Inclusion, Diversity, Wholeness, Professionalism
The work of Insight Counseling Centers is grounded in the compassionate and healing nature of God. We are called to embody God’s healing presence to people of all faith traditions and those who claim no faith tradition. This means we seek to:
- Meet each client, colleague, and student with compassion, respect, and honesty.
- Accept and include each person as a reflection of the rich diversity of God’s creation.
- Join with each client in their journey to wholeness, focusing on their needs, and going wherever their process of self-discovery and renewal leads.
- Provide for each client the highest professional standards through rigorous training, certification, licensure, and peer consultation.
Board of Directors
Mr. Russell Riebeling, Chair
Dr. Fern Richie, Vice Chair
Ms. Anne Laurence Johnson, Secretary
Mrs. Karen Montgomery, Treasurer
Mr. Gary Briggs
Rev. Dr. Patricia Brock
Mrs. Caroline Coulton
Ms. Shelly Hadley
Ms. Stephanie Hickerson
Mr. Wells Johnson
Rev. Thomas Kleinert
Mr. Joe McKnight
Rev. Steven Meriwether
Ms. Merry Beth Ward
Mr. Jonathan Weaver