Regional centers of Insight Counseling Centers exist to provide quality counseling services to local communities. Members of our Murfreesboro, Clarksville, and Williamson County Advisory Councils connect Insight’s services to the community’s needs by raising awareness and funds for financial assistance.
Projects & Tasks:
- Keeps informed about Insight’s mission, values, strategic plan, goals and programs.
- Serves as an ambassador for Insight and the local center to describe its value and impact in the community.
- Shares ideas about growth, unmet needs, and improvement for Insight and the local center.
- Assures that the Center has adequate finances and money is spent responsibly.
- Contributes financially and participates in fund-raising efforts (e.g., provides names for fund-raising mailings, makes connections with local people who sit on foundations, makes personal gifts, solicits potential congregational support, and works with Center’s special events)
- Promotes Member Congregation support, the referral of clients, the use of Life Enrichment programming, and the availability of clergy training and support.
- Recruits volunteers for Center’s needs, services and programs.
- Participates actively in Council meetings and Center activities.
- Provides the Center Director and Insight’s Executive Director with encouragement, resources, and support to meet the mission of Insight and the goals of the local center.
- Assists Insight to obtain and maintain professional facilities for the local office, which may include utilities, furnishings, telephones, and custodial services. (Normally these are donated by a host congregation, but in the event of a time of transition, the Advisory Council would be responsible for helping Insight obtain a new office location.)
- Participates in the strategic planning process.
- Participates in an occasional combined Advisory Council meeting (with members of other regional advisory councils) or an annual planning meeting with the Board of Insight.
Time Commitment: 3-5 hours per month. The Advisory Council meets at least 6 times per year or as often as needed to meet the needs of Insight and the Center. Council member terms are three years, with the option to renew for a second term.
Locations: Clarksville, Murfreesboro, Williamson County
- Passion for agency mission and goals.
- Previous experience serving on nonprofit or corporate boards or volunteer leadership.
- Proven experience in leadership, governance and management.
- Proven experience in opening doors and making calls to identify support and services.
- Ability and willingness to make the case of support on behalf of Insight.
- Resourceful and willing to work as both a team leader and a team member.