Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love
For me, the time between early November through the end of December holds special place in my heart and mind — a season of reflection filled with hope for our best life. In addition to hope there are three other components of living a healthy life: they are peace, joy, and love.
And while the holiday season this year will be a different than in years past, we are learning to be flexible and adapt our activities to remain healthy, safe and stay connected to friends and family.
Here are a few ideas to remain healthy — spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically — and fill this holiday season with hope, peace, joy, and love:
- Look for and celebrate the good when it happens
- Find time to enjoy nature, the outdoors
- Intentionally invite joy into your life daily
- Give yourself permission to play and do things that make you happy
- Find ways to exercise 20-30 minutes daily
- Express gratitude to those who love and support you
- Care for your mental health as much as your physical
- Take time to enjoy quiet
- Offer positive comments to yourself
- Show kindness to someone everyday
- Create a time at the end of the day to reflect on where you experienced hope, peace, joy and love that day
Written by Ed Barron, LPC-MHSP(Temp), Counselor at Insight