Change can create chaos for families, especially for teens and parents. Two tools that can help strengthen family relationships and calm chaos are healthy boundaries and communication. Insight counselor, Ed Barron, shares tips to reduce family strains in this recorded webinar video.
Presenter: Ed Barron, LPC-MHSP(Temp.), provides counseling to adults, couples, children, adolescents, families, and groups, specializing in divorce, children of divorce and blended families. He works with those experiencing a variety of problems including anxiety, depression, grief/loss, individuals in crisis, as well as those struggling with chronic concerns. Ed holds a master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling from Gardner-Webb University. His goal is to create a safe space for clients to be respected and understood from their perspective.
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind, Siegel, Daniel J., Bryson, Tina Payne.
- No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind, Siegel, Daniel J., Bryson, Tina Payne.
- The Leader in Me, How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, On Child at a Time, Stephen R. Covey, PhD.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Powerful Lessons in Personal Change, Stephen R. Covey, PhD
- The 7 Habits of Happy Kids, Sean Covey
- Rising Strong: How the Ability to Reset Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, Brené Brown, PhD, LMSW
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, Brené Brown, PhD, LMSW
- Big Little Feelings, https://biglittlefeelings.com/
- Big Life Journal-Newsletter, https://biglifejournal.com/
- Assertive Communication, Hunter, C. L., Goodie, J. L., Oordt, M. S., & Dobmeyer, A. C. (2009). Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care: Step-by-step Guidance for Assessment and Intervention, American Psychological Association.
- Active Listening- Communication Skills, https://www.therapistaid.com/worksheets/active-listening.pdf
- Boundaries- What are Personal Boundaries, https://www.therapistaid.com/worksheets/boundaries-psychoeducation-printout.pdf