Free Documentary Screening on Loneliness & Isolation focuses on Older Adults
Decades of research have shown that social isolation and loneliness can be as dangerous to your health as smoking or obesity. On this edition of NPT’s Aging Matters series, we will explore how growing older can be an isolating experience and the difference between being isolated and feeling isolated or lonely. We’ll also look at innovative ways to create communities that prevent isolation and social withdrawal as we age.
Insight Counseling Centers, in partnership with Nashville Public Television (NPT), invites you to a screening of NPT’s Aging Matters series episode on Loneliness & Isolation. A continental breakfast will be provided, and an expert panel discussion with audience Q&A will immediately follow the screening. This event is free and open to the public. Please check out the upcoming dates below!
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020 from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm at First Presbyterian Church of Nashville (click for full details)
- Thursday, August 29, 2019 from 9:30 am – 11:00 am at Andrew Price Memorial United Methodist Church in Donelson
- Thursday, May 16, 2019 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am at Trinity Episcopal Parish in Clarksville
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019 from 9:30 am – 11:00 am at St. Clair Senior Center in Murfreesboro
- Thursday, September 27, 2018 at Brook Hollow Baptist Church in Nashville. View the expert panel discussion below, featuring Dr. Dwight Hughes of Insight Counseling Centers, Carol Smith, LMFT, of Insight Counseling Centers, and Dr. James S. Powers of Vanderbilt.
Aging Matters: Loneliness & Isolation is the eleventh documentary in Nashville Public Television’s NPT Reports: Aging Matters series. The series is hosted by Grammy-winning singer and songwriter Kathy Mattea. Aging Matters: Loneliness & Isolation is made possible by the generous support of the West End Home Foundation, the Jeanette Travis Foundation, The HCA Foundation and Cigna-HealthSpring. Additional support was provided by the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee and Jackson National Life Insurance Company.