When people call us, they need a caring person to listen, reassure, and help. That is why we need you. You can be the person who meets them first, makes their initial interaction with us a welcoming one, and most importantly, helps them receive the care they need.
Time Commitment: Minimum of one 4-hour shift each week.
Shifts are available during the hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Mondays through Thursdays, and 8 am to 2 pm on Fridays. Priority will be given to applicants who have the availability to volunteer long term (for a span of 3 months or longer). This is a remote volunteer opportunity with in-person training shifts at our Nashville office.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Arriving in a timely manner to handle calls during your shift, greeting prospective clients promptly when they call
- Conducting a client-centered intake experience
- Communicating with clients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls from referral sources: exchanging information to identify clients’ needs and determining our ability to meet them
- Entering and updating prospective client status information as needed in our data systems
- Scheduling initial counseling sessions when appropriate and providing resource information options as needed
- Recording the outcome of calls, making follow-up calls as necessary, and identifying alternative community service sources when Intake solutions are not available
- Fostering teamwork and contributing to Insight’s client service goals
- Ensuring client safety, dignity and privacy at all times, including HIPAA’s client confidentiality rules
Qualifications: This role requires…
- The willingness to learn Insight’s: mission, services, resources, and processes
- Critical thinking, service excellence, and interpersonal communication skills to solve problems for our clients, referral sources, and therapists as needed
- The ability to understand written and verbal instructions and basic computer skills, with attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy
- Any previous intake experience is a great help, but not necessary to succeed in this role
Remote volunteering requires access to a personal computer (Windows or Mac), to which you have a password-protected user account, and a personal cell phone.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Please contact Abbie Culbertson, Director of Marketing & Communications, at 615.383.2115 x110 or email@example.com.